Admittedly, the kitchen is the most costly room to build in any house. In the US, the average cost of a kitchen remodel is roughly $50,000. Of course prices will vary depending on your location, the scale of the kitchen remodeling as well as the materials used. However which way you look at it, though, new cabinets will eat up much of the expense. Therefore it is imperative that you carefully plan the cabinetry that you want for your kitchen, because it is a very expensive investment. You wouldn’t want to have kitchen cabinetry that is a far cry from what you envision. Also, you want your cabinets to be made from high grade materials, and it should be crafted by professional artisans.
Here are some tips from Modern Cabinetry & Millwork in Tampa Bay on how to get the best return on your cabinet investment. Whether you plan to stay for the long haul in your house or want to sell it, these tips will make your kitchen remodeling all worthwhile.
1. Create the best layout. Even before the first cabinet door is laid, you should already have in your possession a well-thought of and thoroughly designed layout. This should exactly suit the area of your kitchen, with lots of cubbyholes and storage not only for your cooking needs but for your gadgets as well. Aside from that, the layout should have a good design language, meaning the workflow should be smooth and uncluttered. This will greatly increase the value of your kitchen remodel.
2. Use a cabinet designer. When you want the best results, don’t try winging it and doing your own design (unless you are a design professional). Get feedback and input from a reputable cabinet designer. They will measure your kitchen space and will suggest ideas that would complement your kitchen area. The great thing is that they would also incorporate your ideas into the mix, so you get your inputs into the design in a professional manner.
3. Amalgamate/incorporate the door style. You should select a door design that would work well with the rest of your home, especially with rooms that look directly into your kitchen. If you have a modern looking house, then you should select a door style that would blend with this design language fluently, ditto with a traditional design. However, a good rule of thumb is never to choose designs that are too ornate or baroque, as these designs tend to get old in less time. By the same token, never choose ultra-modern designs, because they have the same effect as well.
4. Choose light colors. Studies have shown that lighter-colored cabinetry appeals to more buyers. So if you want to seal the deal, a light-colored kitchen cabinetry is a great way to do it. Though dark-colored kitchens may attract some buyers, it is more sensible to make a connection with the majority of potential buyers, that’s why it is always wise to choose light colors for your kitchen.
5. Choose cleanly-designed appliances. Same reason as the above mentioned, hardware that are cleanly designed will appeal to more potential buyers than ornate or baroque designs. Of course you can always opt to pull out your expensive and garish appliances when you move out, but it would be more costly in the long run as you would have to buy new appliances to replace your older ones.
For more information visit http://www.moderncabinetry.com/kitchen-remodeling.html